Thursday, April 12, 2012

Starting (again!) The WRAPS Weight Loss Program

     A couple of years ago, I started a weight loss program using a program that I called WRAPS. WRAPS is an acronym for more than a weight loss program. It is a healthy lifestyle plan. I lost about 29 pounds at that time, but then I fell back into my old patterns and gained back all of the weight I had lost. I think my problem then was that I was trying too hard to lose weight rather than living healthy and sabotaged my success.

      About a month ago I decided to start working on becoming healthier again. I started eating healthier, exercising, and working on the insecurities that keep me shoveling in the food in order to fill that empty feeling that I feel.

  •       With WRAPS I never feel like I'm denied anything. This program is not based on depriving anyone anything. It is designed to add in healthy choices rather than deprivation. 
  •        With WRAPS, I take one small baby step every week. 
  •       The first week I begin drinking Water. Two glasses at breakfast, one in the mid-morning, two at lunch, one in the mid-afternoon and two at dinner. To avoid getting up during the night to eliminate excess water, I don't drink water after 7 pm.
  •        The second step is Real food. The first real foods that I add and stress are fruits and vegetables. Five a day is a minimum.
  •         Next is Activity. I start every day with exercise. I started with an easy to do 15 minutes every day. I started with stretching exercises, added cardio and weight resistance exercise. 
  •        P is for portion control. Only certain things do I eat in limited quantities: Fats, meat, complex carbs, and sweets.
  •       The last letter in this acronym is S this letter stands for soul cleansing and is the letter that most "diet" plans do not utilize. Soul cleansing gets down to the reasons why I sabotage my attempts at a healthy lifestyle. Soul cleansing involves exploring my feelings and my spiritual life.
      So far using this program I have lost 10 pounds in about a month. I have been exercising regularly for over a month, and I have been working on my feelings. I have made a good start toward a healthier lifestyle. I have a long way to go, but as an old sage said: a journey begins with a single step."

No comments:

Post a Comment