Thursday, April 19, 2012

One more pound down and 47 to go!

     This morning I woke up to sore muscles, mainly in my left shoulder, left calf and in the middle of my back. I felt better however and saw that a pound had fallen off overnight. I know that I can't credit the new program I started "lose it!" for the progress that I am already making, but it's good to see the results.

       After I checked my emails this morning, I ate a breakfast of Scooters, skim milk and strawberries and did half an hour of aerobic exercise. I have recorded the information into "lose it!" I then checked out another feature of the "lose it!" program that I hadn't really looked at before. It showed me the nutrient content of the food I ate, what I'm most concerned about right now is the balance between fats, carbohydrates and proteins.
     
      According to the nutritionist who taught me in my nutrition college class, we should have 1/3 of our calories in each of these categories. I found that I ate 66% of my calories yesterday in carbohydrates, 9% in proteins, and 25% of my calories in fats. I'm going to work on increasing my protein intake. The reason I need to increase my protein intake is because protein is what makes muscle. If I'm not getting enough protein, I won't have enough protein in my diet to maintain my muscles. I have to wonder if part of the reason we burn muscle instead of fat when we diet is because we are decreasing our protein intake without realizing it.

      Last night I started attending a group for food addicts at my local church called "Made to Crave". The program will last for 6 weeks. We were talking about how God actually created us with a place in us where we are supposed to crave him, but because of sin in our lives, we choose to try to fill that place in our lives with something else. That something else could be nicotine, alcohol, drugs, money or in my case food. During the session I met a number of women who were dealing with the same issues with lack of control over food in their lives.
      I am excited about both of these programs that I have begun this week. I can definitely see how both can be incorporated in with my WRAPS program.

No comments:

Post a Comment